XB40 vs Suzuki Promaster valved

Hello everyone

I have recently been to see a friend play guitar at a blues session in
his local bar.  There was a harp player who was brilliant and I have
decided to learn to play the harp at the mature age of 40!!!!  I have
heard harp on blues records I listen to, but never thought of trying to
play myself.  But now I have decided to take up the challenge.

 I have two questions if you will allow me:

1.	have you any tips  for a mature absolute beginner with NO
musical experience.
2.	what is the difference (if any) between the xb40 and the
promaster.

Cheers

Paul