Re: Dialing in that " Tone " Thang

<quote>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:50:06 +1100
From: Mark Crowley <Mark.Crowley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Dialing in that " Tone " Thang

tha'ts sounding interesting- i had kept all that stuff Pat wrote in case it
came in useful for when (if) I got better - I was sure it was all for pros -
been playing lo's straight from the box and generally drive them into the
ground until they are beyond redemption - had tried to tune myself a few
times but gave up when made things worse - i guess its a bucking horse i
will have to climb aboard again - groan.

crowley
</quote>

tha'ts sounding interesting- i had kept all that stuff Pat wrote in case it
came in useful for when (if) I got better - I was sure it was all for pros -
been playing lo's straight from the box and generally drive them into the
ground until they are beyond redemption - had tried to tune myself a few
times but gave up when made things worse - i guess its a bucking horse i
will have to climb aboard again - groan.

crowley
</quote>

I don't know if you are aware, but Pat has reworked and published the
material he wrote in those emails on his website:
http://www.patmissin.com/tunings.html
They include sound samples so you can hear what he's talking about.

  And if you find tuning your favourite harmonicas too much, there are
harmonica techs out there who can do it for you.  Its worth spending the
same amount of time and energy as trying to find a rig that works for you.

Best regards,
G.