Treat Her Right

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:21:36 -0600
>From: Fred S <fsstov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Treat Her Right
>
>I happened to hear a couple of cuts by the band Treat Her Right in the
>car this morning.  Passable harp playing, and I would say it was rather
>good in a rock context.  A check on All Music Guide indicates this was a
>late 80's band. (Unfortunately, my pop/rock musical knowledge and
>sensibilities pretty much stop at 1974).  It mentions their genres as
>blues, rock, and rockabilly, but the songs I heard had a distinct
>alt-rock flavor to my ears.  So, anyone have an opinion as to how these
>guys stack up, particularly as to use of harp in rock?  Any info on who
>does the harp work?  Any recommendations as to which album would be the
>best for a harp-centric listener (I didn't catch the names of the cuts
>that were played).
>Thanks kindly,
>Fred S

I liked the THR song that went "I think I like her, that's what I think."
The harp was pretty good on that cut, IMO. As for critical ranking, I'd
have to go back and listen (I do have the LP on vinyl).
But I think I like them, that's what I think.

Glenn Weiser
http://www.celticguitarmusic.com/harppage.htm