Re: Deford Bailey (Long)

Phil Neal wrote:
"I felt this notice from the Music City Blues Society was worthy of passing
along. Interesting reading, this..."

=================================

Thanks for posting that, Phil. Very interesting, and always great to see
Bailey getting the credit he deserves (if posthumously). The article says
that the program will include music by DeFord Bailey, Jr., his sons Carlos
and Herchel, and his great granddaughter Allison Bailey, who all play the
senior Bailey's music as the group The DeFord Bailey Young Generation.
Anyone here ever heard them play?
Meanwhile, there's another interesting story I just found. Not on Bailey per
se, but on other blacks in country music. It's at
http://www.NashvilleCityPaper.com/index.cfm?section=12&screen=news&news_id=31074
MN