Re: Grant Dermody Seminar in NJ

"The Best Li'l Harp House" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Grant Dermody and the Best Li'l Harp House will be offering a (1-day only)
> Harmonica Seminar on the evening of Tuesday, June 29th, 2004 at the Days
> Inn - Bordentown, NJ.  This will be a total of (3) 1-1/2 hr. classes.
> An hour and a half each for beginning, intermediate and advanced level
> harmonica.

i attended the intermediate class last night, and it was great.
there were maybe 6-8 of us (hard to tell who was there for which class).
grant went over bending, tongue blocking, the notes in the I-IV-V chords,
and a bunch of other stuff.  it was very interactive, with us all playing
together at times, and individually at times.  at the end, we went around
the room, each jamming a few rounds with a guitarist.  great fun.

what struck me as interesting was that everybody who played at the
end brought something completely different to the music.  i think most
of us felt a little intimidated (it didn't help that the first guy to go was
apparently there for the advanced class, and was amazing), but when
it's your turn, you just play, and it all sounded good.  it was a big confidence
boost for me, and i suspect for others.

many thanks to harphouse for setting this up.  i don't think they made
any money on it; it was done as a public service.  but i really appreciated
the opportunity, and had a great time.

- ----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.