Driving Racked and Responding Too Fast

- --Douglas was ironic. His  positions against playing while driving has been
expressed many times on  several groups.

Carlo Brutti

Mr. Brutti,

Thank you for writing.  I re-read the post after (way too hastily)
responding.  I saw then it was slightly confusing, and immediately wrote  (off-list) to
Mr. Tate asking for clarification on it.  And though I  haven't received a
direct answer yet, I did take the time to search the Harp-L  archives, and the
profile of Mr. Tate that emerged from the archives was  definitely at odds with
someone who embraced driving while impaired.  I was  thrown off by reading a
follow-up post from someone else, who WAS in fact  defending his Amurrican
right to drive any way he felt like (cf. Sammy Hagar, I  Can't Drive 55, etc., ad
nauseum.)

I offer my deepest apologies to Douglas Tate.

I'm sure I'm not the only person on this list for whom this is not a joking
matter.  Though it doesn't excuse a foolish post, I lost a very close  friend
to a highway accident caused by another form of driving while distracted,
and--lacking the chops of a Lenny Bruce--I don't think it's a funny  subject.

Again--deepest apologies, and I hope that whatever attention was drawn to
the subject by my erroneous note can be re-directed back to the simple message:
driving is a gig unto itself.

Peace and Respect
Johnny T