Re: Get a chromatic?/

Actually, you don't need big pockets. Just buy one of those $25 camera cases
and stack the crhomes on end with their key markings on either end of the
cases or harps so whichever end is up shows the key. If you get the right size, it
will hold about a dozen easily.

Failing that, stuff a C crhome in your shirt pocket. Everybody I talk to (who
wonders why I insist of playing one of the old fashioned harps with missing
notes) says you can play ever key on a C chromatic, no trouble at all. Just
grab a C chrome, then.

Norton Buffalo uses his shoulder to push in the button on his chromes. Give
that a try.

Or adjust the steering wheel so you can steer with your knees.

Phil Lloyd/AHN

In a message dated 6/27/2004 2:21:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dmf273@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Phil wrote:
>If all you want is the  ability to play chromatic notes, get  a chromatic.
In
>fact, get one in every key. That way you can play the chord that goes with
>the notes. But that's another story ...

But I can't carry all those chromatics in my pocket -  in fact even one
chromatic
doesn't fit very well in my pocket.   And I can't drive around in my car and
play along
with any song that comes up in the radio -- but maybe some of you chromatic
players
have mastered the art of one-handed button pushing playing while driving
better than I.