Rob Stone

I just picked up Rob Stone and the C-Notes cd on Earwig called "Just My
Luck."  And I can't seem to take it out of my cd player.  It's a great traditional
blues album, but it is original at the same time.  Totally jumpin' disc.  Plus
Dave Myers and Sam Lay are all over it which is an added bonus.  Stone isn't
a Kim Wilson or Rod Piazza on harp, but he plays interesting phrases with
emotion, high energy.  Chris James is a great guitar player with a heavy sound and
Patrick Rynn's bass playing (on both upright and electric) drives and
grooves.  I recently saw these guys with Jody Williams band, but they didn't really
get to strectch out vey much with Jody.  This is one of the more enjoyable cds
I've purchased in a while.  Earwig has found a winner with this band.  Their
website says that this disc was nominated for a Chicago Music Award for best
album.   I'd like to see them live on their own.  Has anyone seen these guys?

A.T.