Re: Re: Jason Ricci and John Coltrane

jandkday@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>    I went on Sat night with some friends and was totally blown away by the energy,
> passion and wizardry that IS Jason Ricci.  Nice long extended jams with 'old master'
> quotes and best of all NEW fresh original harp. All played exceptional and Jason was
> on fire.  He went inro a long extended Coltrane
> tribute that was well recieved in Coltrane's old city.
>
>   Jason Ricci has upped the ante so high it's unobtainable.

indeed.  after i saw him at the red bank river festival, i felt like
throwing my harps in the trash.  it seemed cruel to condemn them
to a life of my playing, knowing what they were capable of.

i mentioned this to my 14 year old daughter, and she pointed out
that since my harps weren't there with me, they would never know.
so i decided to keep them.

- ----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.