Re: Here's a reason go to SPAH early

- --- Michael Peloquin <peloquinharp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jason's showcase/blow-off will be at BB's Blues & Soups
> http://www.bbsjazzbluessoups.com/

[snip]

I live and play blues harp here in St. Louis, so I thought I'd give a
little info that might be helpful.

"BB's Jazz, Blues & Soups," the club where Jason will be playing, is
about 20 to 25 miles away from the SPAH convention site.  So, those of
you making plans for this will need to work out transportation from the
convention site to that club.  I can give easy driving directions if
anyone needs them.

"BB's" is a great club that features the best local and national blues
artists six nights a week here in St. Louis.  They have a 3 a.m. close
time.

"BB's" is in the "corner stone" area of the St. Louis blues community.
Right across the street is "Beale On Broadway"
(www.bealeonbroadway.com)and down the block (a two minute walk) is
"Broadway Oyster Bar." (www.broadwayoysterbar.com)  Both these clubs
also feature blues six to seven nights a week.  These clubs are in the
heart of downtown, just 4 blocks south of the baseball stadium.

I play at the "Beale" every Wednesday night in an acoustic blues group
and anyone wanting to sit in would be welcome.  We currently have two
acoustic guitarists, stand-up bass, drummer, and myself on harp.
Contact me if interested.

Monday nights (if anyone is arriving then and wants to jam) there is
the longest-running blues jam session in the country at the Broadway
Oyster Bar.  This jam has been hosted by the same band, Soulard Blues
Band, for over 20 years.  Many national blues artists have sat in over
the years.  It's a class jam with top-notch talent.

Hope this is helpful.  If I can provide any info to anyone about St.
Louis, feel free to ask.  Look forward to meeting ya'all at SPAH 2004.

Howard Young