RE: Who did... "I got an Eldorado Cadillac..."

>From: Will Standley <wstandley@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>Who did the blues tune with lyrics...
>
>I got an Eldorado Cadillac...
>
>Great blues harp on intro... all I have is first few bars in a sound clip.
>
>Anybody know who and what CD I should buy?

Hi Will,

As people have mentioned, the song was written by Billy Boy Arnold. Any
version you can get by him will be the definitive one.

Jimmy Reed also did the tune. There's a "Best of Jimmy Reed" CD that has the
song. Jimmy's version follows Billy Boy's fairly closely. Of course the harp
work is all Jimmy Reed.

Sugar Blue does a fantastic version on his "Blue Blazes" album.

Finally, the Yardbirds did a version of it in 1965 where they change the car
from an Eldorado Cadillac to a Maserati GT (with snakeskin upholstery). The
harp doesn't do much for me, but a very young Eric Clapton does a short but
smokin' solo on it. You can find this on "Greatest Hits Vol. 1".

A great resource for finding out versions of songs is the All American Music
Guide (www.allmusic.com). If you look up "I Ain't Got You", you'll find 110
references, including versions by the Animals, John Mayall, Foghat, and lots
of others.

BTW, it took me a while to figure out the Goldblatt line. I listened to it
over and over before I finally got it. Ain't no Goldblatts in New Jersey.
:-)

Jimbeau

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up ? now 3 months FREE!