Amps - Sonny Jr & Fender silver face

I have been using a Sonny Jr 4 ten amp since January, and have been very
pleased with the experience. I've played club gigs, larger venues and now that
its' summer, some outdoor gigs and have been blown away with the results. Volume,
tone, cut are all there with no feedback. I'm using a Shure white controlled
reluctance element in an old Electrovoice 605 mic shell through a Boss DM-2
analogue delay pedal and life is good. I bought 'new' because I use the amp to
gig and wanted something I knew would be in great shape.

My experience in going to Sonny's house and testing amps & mics in his
basement until I was ready to buy was outstanding. The guy knows his stuff and is an
outstanding player and person. He'll be there if I need anything.

Was the price high? No, considering what I got in return. The amp just simply
has it and I don't have to baby it. Its got a range of volume and tone that
fits medium to high volume gigs perfectly. In the 2 bands I've played in with
it, I look around and see that the drum sets with symbols cost over $2k, the
guitar players all have 2 or 3 guitars and the bass rigs have to be $2K plus.

Even when I look at my non-musical friends, they all have something they
spend $ on, whether its golf ($2k sets of clubs plus shoes, balls, greens fees),
motorcycles ($20K Harleys to start with part by part chrome projects),
Computers, boats, summer houses, or just wine women and song. I've already paid off
the amp with gig money.

As far as Silverface Fenders go, they seem to be pretty popular as festival
provided rigs for guitar players, particlarly Twins and Super Reverbs. One of
my main harp influences, a guy named Jim McCarthy, played some great harp
through a silverface Vibrosonic Reverb. Looked just like a Twin, and weighed a ton.
Like I'm sure many silver face Fenders do, it had some modifications.
McCarthy made that thing sing.

Andy Vincent