Re: SPAH

smo-joe wrote:
> The scheduling of SPAH is a calendar problem.
<snip>
> Unfortunately, it was around that time that many school districts
> across the country (for one reason or another) ALSO backed up THEIR
> school week so that school would start BEFORE Labor Day
<snip>
> Hope this, in some way, helps explain things.

Unfortunately, the district where my children attend school (starting
this fall, as my oldest enters kindergarten) applies for and receives
an exemption from the state to it's law that school may not start
before August 12th; this year classes start August 4th.  I doubt that
SPAH will ever move the convention into June or July, the only months
I'll be available before I retire in another 20 years.

Maybe I can become a music teacher and call it "professional
development"!

- -tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps