goal: chromatic virtuosity

Well, sort of anyway. I want to be able to play in any key, but not buy a
whole bunch of chromatics. What positions do you more experienced fellows
find to lay out well for blues and LW-type-swing-phrased songs (and still
have cool chords available)? I have a C and a Bb, and am experimenting
beyond 1,2, and 3rd. I'm thinking I should be able to catch pretty much
every key with maybe one more harp ( a G- cause everyone seems to wanna
play in A minor at the jams- a G would make it simple). What's your take?
I'd like to get to where don't even need to take a diatonic with me except
maybe a couple like A and C for variety. Reason? I like the tone better
with the chromatic, but don't want to sound too "square".  Any of you more
serious chro' gents have some seasoned advice to set me on the fast track?

thanks,
kcmojo