Re : the ultimate in feedback prevention?

Rainbow Jimmy Sez :

Excerpt .

>Check out this cool device:

>http://www.axetrak.com/

>Now you can plug your harp into your custom Bogner head, crank it >loud enough to wake the dead, and still have nice quiet music and >zero feed back.

Hurricane Sez :

Nice toys , they do make life a little easier and help with your sound . What this device does a Tube Commander :

< http://coast2coastmusic.com/cgi-bin/cart/HETC.html >

Harp Commanders Big Brother , does in a more ways than just one , giving you a instrument input as well as mic input , with a few really wild trick'd out pre amp time zone sounds you can dial in with the flick of a switch , that is totally cool . That difference can be useful in the recording of the harp into a computer / mixer board as well as a P.A. in live shows  . And The biggest diiference is the price between these two at almost $400.00 these are toys for rich boys or serious musicians who gig regularly .

Me , --- I'm a minimalist type of kind of guy , fewer pieces in the chain means fewer potential problems and head aches , and most importanly , fewer pieces to load up and un pack and repack again when you load up and watch and worry about and over when packing the shootin works after a gig and then once more at home un pack .

Dig :

I was given a " Pig Nose " amp to fix , I found the amp fried and the owner didn't want to throw the money out to fix it and gave me the amp . I was later ( a few years go by ) in a thrift store and see a Wollensak 3M 7 inch reel to reel tape recorder . This 3M R2R was the kind with a little tube amp in it ( circa 1959 to late 60's ) . I knew the history of these little 3M R2R's tube amps and why many harpers looked for these little amps , some were made with the 3M and some with just Wollensak and some marketed under the name's of Rheem , Akai , and Philips . These tube amps in these R2R's came ( and still can be found in thrift store today ) in 2 to 5 watt and even 20 to 100 Watt configurations . I use mine and hooked it to the little classic looking Pignose Speaker box and forgot about fixing the transistor amp that it had . The input(s) on the 3M Wollensak R2R I have has a mic input I use my 520-D Shure Bullet and I can hook in my guitar and wail like a banchee on the ot!
her input .

Point is while the above mentioned device Rainbow Jimmy posted about and the one of the Tube Commandeer I made mention of are great toys to  play with as far as gettin lectricfide harp sound is concerned in a cool and solid professional device , the need to mention the proverbial other way to skin the cat idea was in need to be mentioned too .

There are many little tube amps out there for the taking , I only paid $5.00 for the 3M Wollensak R2R recorder and got the Pignose broken  for free .

Search out them little R2Rs' folks , you can save a bundle on  a great little tube  practice/amp and or recording pre amp , or just a sometime thing to entertain yourself with and surprise a few friends with when the wonder what the heck your using for an amp .. and as far as a speaker , heck folks , if I told you I would take all the fun out of discovery , so on that one you on your own . .

So with that , I thank Space Jimmy for a new cool toy to look at and try to convince myself I can live with out it :)

Sincerely :

HR

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx