RE: twin reverb and SF amps in general

I have to go along with Andrew and some of the others on this.  A
relevant (I hope) story: a friend of mine was looking for an amp
recently , and wanted to see my 64 Super reverb.  He wound up buying
both a 72 twin reverb AND a 69 super reverb from me, and the total was
about half of what the 64 would have been.  Now some would say that the
64 was the better investment, but he now has two versatile amps in two
different power ranges and money to spare for other things.
My personal gripe with my old  74 master volume Twin was related to two
main things: 1) I was living in an upstairs apartment with my parking
space about 1/4 mile from where I lived, and every night I'd lug that
sucker up the stairs I  regretted having such a heavy amp, and 2) more
relevant to harp playing, I didn't have a good handle on how to use the
amp controls and mic combination very well, I was using a 50s
controlled magnetic shure and fighting feedback constantly.
Subsequently I've learned a lot about mic and amplified technique, and
in retrospect I think that the problem was as much me as the amp.
Since my first experience (bought the master volume amp in '82), I've
had much better luck managing the twin amps, and even though they are
not my personal favorites they are definitely worth considering from
any Fender era, tweed through silverface (I can't comment on the red
knob twins, etc as I have no real experience with those).  I have found
that the 545 or SM57 seems like a better match for those amps than some
  other mics, but your experience may differ.