Re: Ray Charles r.i.p.

      Roger, I'll try to tune in...sounds great!  Below is a note from Mike
Lydon from NY that sums up Ray for me. His music moved me
deeply....Hallelujah I just LOVE him so!
RIP Bro Ray.....Rob Paparozzi

(Not much harp on Ray's recordings but if you wanna funk-ify your style on
Harp, there are volumes to be learned from his records.)

"Ray Charles lives. A spirit this noble cannot die. Ray Charles is an
immortal, an artist of such excellence and vigor, such insight into souls,
such titanic determination that, like Homer, Cervantes, Shakespeare,
Rembrandt, Beethoven, Dickens, Armstrong, and Ellington, he will live
forever in his works of art. Generations will listen and listen to Ray's
music, and they will always marvel at its beauty, its variety, its depth of
heart, its passion, and the inner calm intelligence of its vision. God bless
and keep our great friend, Ray Charles Robinson.."

Michael Lydon, author of "Ray Cbarles, Man and Music"

> The great Ray Charles passed away today as hopefully most of you know.  I
will be doing a tribute hour on my blues radio show on monday evening from
10pm to 11pm PDT.  My show runs from 9pm to midnight.  I will devote the
middle hour to Mr. Charles.  Perhaps more than just an hour depending on how
much time I have to prepare a show worthy of the great talent of the man.