need chromatic tech

Hi,
I got a 270 in C off ebay and it was junk of course. It is pretty old,
with the star in the logo. I have repaired the wood, I planed the
surfaces, and even micropore-taped it. I made windsavers. The thing just
won't put out any volume. And it tastes nasty, too, but that's another
subject. I have gapped it all over the place and it doesn't change much.
Are the reeds just dead, or am I missing something? I know I can just go
get another one, but I like working on my harps anyway. Whaddya think?

kcmojo