Re: JJ tubes? Anyone tried this tube trick? (*harp-GEAR-related*)

kc,

I have eurotubes in both my Peavey Encore65 and Delta Blues 210.   i have
the  hybrid tube in the phase inverter position in both amps. They are
really sweet sounding amps. I use them both for guitar and harp depending
on the situation and my mood. For harp (with my unidyneII ) they are both
really nice. By the way, the tubes are the only mods on either amp, since I
use them for both guitar and harp.

maurice

At 12:11 PM 6/9/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>Anyone had any experience with the JJ tubes, sold by Eurotubes? According
>to the Eurotubes site, he is using JJ 6V6's as a drop in to tame down 6L6
>amps, they have good tone, and they live even with plate voltages as high
>as 480vdc.
>
>Here is something new to me:  they have a preamp tube available that is
>half a 12AX7/ half 12AU7 that would work in the phase inverter position to
>offset the waveform (same thing Gerald Weber does with his "waveform
>symmetry" knob except non-adjustable). This would work in some but not all
>circuits. I incorporated this control when I built my amp, and if anyone
>is wondering about it, it works. This tube sounds like a cheap and easy
>way to help out an amp that is just too clean.
>
>kcmojo
>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

maurice richard libby