Fwd: Re: Montreal Jazz Festival - JJ Milteau

To Iceman's comment I must add:

Milteau is a very nice guy with a lot of intellectual curiosity and
is very interested in a wide range of musical styles, not just blues.
He has been involved in the production of a few anthologies of
harmonica recordings that cover at least some of this range, with
more to come. he's also very involved in harmonica instruction in
France in collaboration with several of the other top players there.

If you se his show (as I did in Montreal in 1996) you can expect to
be exposed to a range of styles and different types of harmonica.

By the way, I found Montreal, after an absence of nearly 20 years, to
be as charming as ever. Cruising Ste. Catherine and environs on a
warm summer night and dining in an outdoor cafe on St. Denis are
something I hope to do again - but this year I'm headed to a more
rural part of Quebec for the Mémoire et Racines festival of Québécois
traditional music in Lanaudiere.

Winslow

- --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, IcemanLE@xxxx wrote:
slavio@xxxx writes:

> Jean-Jacques Milteau of France is playing in one of the paying
shows. He's
> the top guy in France (probably means well know, i.e. must be good,
but not
> neccessarely the best) I don't know him so I can't comment. I may
go see it.

One of the best. He plays excellent in all styles - have heard him
sound
traditional, country, jazz - diatonic, train imitations, acoustic,
electric, rock,
fusion. Highly recommended.

The Iceman
- --- End forwarded message ---