Re: mic question

An equalizer between your mic and amp can help a great deal.  I use a 7-Band DOD guitar EQ ($70).  Each mic/amp combo is different, so you'll have to experiment.  Set up your rig with your stereo behind you (like the band).  Make your adjustments and document them. EQ out the feedback band by ear.  (I have also used a chromatic tuner to determine the feedback frequency, the EQ out that band.)  I photograph all of my components when I do this.  The composite picture is on my amp case.

Hope this helps,

Will
Moandabluz@xxxxxxx wrote:

I recently got a new element in a JT30, put together by Mr. Mic.. Dennis Oelling in Kansas City. It sounds great, but when I used it with my Blues Jr. last weekend, feedback got me. I could only get the amp to about 2 1/2 before it started to screech. I did all the usual things, as far as changing amp placement and changing where I stood in relation to PA speakers, but none of it helped a lot. The only thing I could think of was that I was in a hurry when I left home and I only had a really cheap cord. Will an inferior cord make that much difference? And are there any 'easy" suggestions about how to deal with feedback that I might not have tried?

Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
still a fool for the harp

Do you Yahoo!?