Re: amp settings

</quote>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 20:03:29 -0600
From: "Ron Tucker" <tuckerhs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: amp settings

- - ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C44813.820D6170
8<
I'm about to wade into amplified harp playing.  I'm a guitar player.  =
Any suggested settings for trying harp through a Line 6 Flextone amp, or =
POD?
Thanks
Ron
</quote>

Charlie Musselwhite used the Tube Preamp setting on his POD 2.0 with no
cabinet for cruise ship gigs.

I liked the Fender Champ and the Fender Bassman through Fender 8" and 4x 10"
respectively with a bit of reverb, or a little slap back echo.
For a Rockier sound I like the Marshall Plex through Fender 4x 10" or Green
Back with Reverb or Echo.   If you use a hot bullet mic make sure you have
volume control or a preamp with a volume dial to bring it down (like one of
the tube preamps Richard Hunter has just mentioned) otherwise you'll get
clipping - which is not pleasant to the ears.

I've written suggestions on setting up the POD 2.0 and other emulators here:
http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/ampdamps.html#emulators

- -- G.