Re: Yet Another Juke Question

I am guessing that "Juke" was quite fluid and flexible at one point in time.  I have an old Charlie Musselwhite version that is almost not recognizable (though still excellent harp playing).

Once a solo piece is recorded and sold, people want to hear it the same way all the time.  Even some signature solos can become wrote instead of improvised.  The original solo becomes an "earworm" for both the musician and the audience.

I am guessing that "Juke" only became our wrote version of "Juke" only after the recorded version we know became popular.  Then, LW recreated the recorded version that became popular.  Simply good salesmanship.

Will

http://www.channelcatsbluesband.20m.com
http://www.cdbaby.com/willvogtman
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=CDB0693830012