RE: paralysis by analisys outbreak warning!!!

I do not see a difference.

One certainly needs to practice more than 5 minutes/day but
practicing too long can have detremental effect.  The mind needs a
rest to guard against information overload.  Over the past several
months I've had marathon practice session lasting in excess of 15
hours. After 15 hours I still couldn't play certain things.  The next
day the things I learn were near flawless.  Recently, I've begun
working on certain things for no more than 15-20 minutes.  After and
hour or so of rest I have no problem playing what I was practicing.

So Roger,  though I respect what you have to say I think it's a bunch
of hooey as far as my efforts are concerned.  So is Larry's 5 minutes
bit. I'm not advocate of doing what works for others.  We're all
different.  If you want to be good at whatever you want then you have
to figure out what works best for yourself and do it with passion.