Re: REVIEW : Greg Szlapczynski - La Part du Diable

Thanks to Ben and Tim,

your comments on Greg's CD made me jump immediatly to amazon.de (the
German site) and I was lucky enough that I was able to order a copy for
17 Euros.

I can't wait to listen to the CD. I've seen Greg performing at the WHF
2001 in Trossingen, where I also attended one of his workshops and
bought both the CDs of him (Gregtime and Ternaire Madness).

Tim wrote:
> I only wish that Greg would come to the US, or myself to France, so I
> could meet the man, and maybe take a few lessons, pick his brain a
> little.

I am sure that you would enjoy to meet him. I think he is a nice and
helpful man. In Trossingen he took the extra time to show and
demonstrate his gear, especially the foot pedal effects chain was
interesting.
I had the chance to talk to him, because he couldn't believe that an
isolated single reed can be overblown - a subject that had been
discussed during his workshop. So I played some overblows on my Hering
octave harp for him...Sometimes even the good players don't know
everything...anyway, I think that I have learned much more from him and
now I am looking forward for La Part Du Diable.

Otto