Re: REVIEW : Greg Szlapczynski - La Part du Diable

> I saw Greg in Montreal last year at a local Blues fest and picked up this
CD
> at the festival site boutique for $20 CDN (About $15 US). Anyway's I
lucked
> out as the CD is one of my favourites. I wish I had bought a few more of
his
> CDs at the time.

Is that La Part du Diable ?

> Although the show was good, it wasn't as good as the CD. I thing the
> keyboard player might have been his girlfriend or something. She was OK
but
> not great. Definitely not a pro.

She's not his girlfriend. But she's definitely the weak link in the band. I
wish he'd stick with his drummer and guitarist, and hire a double bassist
and a jazz pianist. That would be kick-ass...

> Also the show was at 7:00 PM and the crowd
> was kind of dead or at least not in to it. Perhaps Greg was missing some
> tunes to get the crowd going.

He's not the greatest of showmen by any stretch of the imagination. But his
playing... Man, can he play...

Ben