RE: Hole 1 Overblow

Eric Neumann wrote:

Sometimes the risk of waiting two years to get a custom diatonic
outweighs the need..........

This is why I lean more toward the risk of modifying harps on my own. I
can spend the same two years improving my own skills at reed shaping,
tuning, et al.

Does anyone else share that opinion? Or am I just really being a
cheap-o?

Hey Eric...........You played some very nice stuff at the Jam Camp.  All the
Austin boys showed well.  I especially liked the way you noticed that tone
seemed to corrolate with the length of the ponytail.  Dennis G. had the longest
ponytail and by far the fattest tone.  I just trimmed my ponytail up and lost
half my tone!  LOL

You can get a great customized harp right there in Texas in a lot less than two
years from Tim Moyer.  Go to Workingman's Harp.

I also agree that learning to set-up your harps is a skill worth developing.  I
always have shied away from doing it myself, but watching Allen at the Jam Camp
showed me how easy it is to get started.  I've got a whole bag of harps with
one flat reed.  Good supply to practice on.

Keep playing. Keep practicing and I hope to see you somewhere.

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt
www.parkhousejam.com