RE: feedback WAS Preamp tube substitutions

Richard,

about 90% of the (electric) gigs I have played in past 20 years have been
mic'ed and through the pa. I have both my amps at the front of the stage,
on stands that angle the amps at about 45% pointing toward me. This way the
band and I hear the guitar straight up, the audience gets it through
the  pa. This way the stage volume is reasonable and the audience
volume  is whatever they (and the sound man) want it to be.

yours,
maurice

maurice richard libby
aka Whiteboy Slim
"twenty-first century blues"
whiteboy_slim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.whiteboyslim.com

At 11:40 AM 7/15/2004, you wrote:

>I have played guitar for almost 40 years, and always placed
>my amplifier behind me.  But, I have almost no experience
>playing amplified, so please excuse what may be a silly
>question.  When you say "put your amp in front of you", do
>you mean that the amp faces the audience? In that case you
>only hear yourself out the back of the amplifier?  Or do
>you mean that the amp faces you, like a monitor?  In which
>case I guess you have to mic the amp through a PA or something
>so the audience can hear.
>
>Richard J. Smith, R.A.

- ---