was feedback and preamp tube substitutions

Regarding keeping the amp in front of you... Right on target.

Additionally, I have finally found out how to take your signal (pre-amp out Jack on the amp) and send it to a monitor with its own volume control and amplification... With the monitor facing you behind your amp!  This works!  I wish someone could of told me this a year ago.  Tried and true at several gigs, it gets your sound in front of you so you don't have to play DEAF, and play with confidence!

I'll be trying out the supplemental pre amp modification tonight at a gig.

Some of the old blues masters used to run two amps at once, (where I got the IDEA).

Capn Crazy Harp
Harpin' in the Swamp