Re: feedback WAS Preamp tube substitutions

I know Richard is making funny here, but I play guitar as well as harp and
everybody is always telling me to turn up. I Always get overwhelmed by the
bass ad drums--always--if it weren't fro the fact that we usually mic
everything noone would ever hear me play--if you don't believe me check out
the live cuts on my web site.

as for the second piece of advice, I'm for that, I always put my amps in
front of me--great sound (in that I can hear what I am doing directly, no
feedback, and it's a great gimmick--no one else around here does it.

all the best,

maurice
maurice richard libby
aka Whiteboy Slim
"twenty-first century blues"
whiteboy_slim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.whiteboyslim.com

At 10:18 AM 7/15/2004, you wrote:

>Regarding feedback, Jim Jordan wrote:
>"I want to share my opinion that preamp tubes substitutions are not as
>useful to me as numerous others have expressed."
>
>A player's sound is a very personal thing, and every player should
>always use equipment whose sound inspires that player.  Period. That
>said, this is probably a good time to review some of the low-cost ways
>to reduce or eliminate feedback.  In order of low cost to higher cost:
>
>1)  Get the @#$%^&* guitarist to turn the #$%^&*( down.  On second
>thoguht, this is a high-cost option.  Never mind.
>
>2)  Make sure the amp is in front of you, not behind you.  The amp
>placed directly behind you is the worst possible arrangement for
>feedback. If you need the amp somewhere behind you, move it to the side.

- ---