Blues by the Bay

 Hey All,
        I had the distinct pleasure of seeing Jimmy Hall perform at our local Blues extravaganza this week-end. He played with his buddies Tommy Castro & Lloyd Jones in a reprise of their "Triple Trouble" cd. For devotees of modern, rockin' blues, it doesn't get any better than this! The Tommy Castro band is the tightest, most high energy, West Coast blues band you are likely to hear; and with  the addition of another Left Coast hotshot like Lloyd Jones and the extraordinary Mr. Hall,it was a truly a memorable performance. Jimmy displayed a mastery of numerous harp styles but really shined in the up tempo, kick-ass style that Tommy & Lloyd are noted for.Surpassing his prodigious harp chops was his incredibly soulful vocal work. Talk about your dream band!  The headliner for Sunday was the Charlie Musselwhite Band w/special guest Duke Robillard - needless to say this was also a very special performance. The headliners on Saturday were the funky Meters - absolutely incredible!!
 Look up funky groove in the dictionary and you'll find these guys! It's the best weekend of the year in my little town, and I'm already looking forward to next year!
                                                                       Peace,
                                                                                   Jeff