[hArP-l] Re: Computer mics, nidis, rhytmn tracks

> What mic is really good for recording onto a pc? Could I use the stereo
> mic from my Sony minidisc recorder.
> What type of hardware or software is recommended?
> Please treat this as a super novice question and assume I know
> absolutely nothing which is the truth.

Shure have a webpage on this subject:
http://www.shure.com/otws/tech/tech_sm58.asp
it applies to any XLR low impedance vocal microphone, not just the SM58

I've written a section on using your PC's sound blaster Live! with your
micropone:
http://tinyurl.com/suit/ampdeffects.html#other

I use the Sony minidisc recorder too - its a great mic, but best not to hold
or cup it.   The Sound Blaster Live! line input can handle a wide range of
stuff too, so long as you wire up the connecting wire properly.  Personally
I use a Behringer mixer and have the main signal connected to my Sound
Blaster Live! line input - if I want anything to go into the computer, I put
it through the mixer, or using a switch box for other stereo line in
signals.

I've tried my best to cover most of this material throughout the Amplified
Harmonica section of Harmonica Resources
http://tinyurl.com/suit/amplified.html

-- G.