[Harp-L] BIG CHANGES

As promised for months on end, nah, years and years.  Harp-l has finally
made the precipitous leap into a more modern list server software
environment.  We've joined the ranks of satisfied Mailman users.  Much of
the credit for the muscle behind the move belongs to Ben Nathanson,
recently much praised for his excellent playing at the Spah blues jams.
If you're going to Spah make it a point to see Ben and thank him for all
of his good work.

With our new platform we have some new features.  As Ben has previously
mentioned you can now set your account to nomail instead of unsubscribing
for vacations.  Subscription changes and configuration of options is now
easily done via the web interface.  If you deleted your welcome e-mail not
to worry, here's the url for the admin interface for users,

http://harp-l.org/mailman/options/harp-l

just use your subscribed address to access your account and if you lost
your password you can request it on this page.  It will show up via e-mail
shortly after you request it.

We also now have really excellent archiving abilities.  Look for the
archives to build in the upcoming months.  It looks good for archives from
day one at wku where harp-l first started.  We have never had an archive
that works as well as this one does, again thanks to Ben.  Every post from
now on gets archived so please post away and enjoy the list.  We will also
still maintain the yahoo archive but I think the reason for its existence
is largely eliminated by our new archive site.  Watch for the web page to
grow in the upcoming months.  For ease of getting the list up now we just
started with the bare essentails but it will change as time goes by.

Finally as many of you are aware  the listownership of harp-l changed
formally just about a year ago.  Michael Polesky has done his time, he
kept the list on a steady keel and got us into the new millenium.  Much
credit should go to Both Michael Polesky and Jonas Karlsson for their
steadfast and stellar efforts in keeping the list going through what were
very difficult times.  Kudos also to Danny Wilson, Hugh Messinger, and
Chris Pierce for their time in the listowner hotspot.  Thanks to Bob Zabor
for showing me what the world was like without html, Bobbie G for her
behind the scenes work and sage advice, Douglas Tate for giving us the
support to get this done and Spah for sponsoring the list for these many
years while letting us run it pretty much any way we wanted to.  I look
forward to seeing everyone who's going to Spah in St. Louis.  I'll be
there, fjm