Control in classical music

> in relation to the XB40, Tim hits it on the head. I've found myself
> comparing the XB40's dynamics to playing slide guitar. Listen to Elmore
> James, you immediately sense this sort of wild edge; or Bonnie Raitt, a
> much more "refined" player, yet still that slight sense that its not
> entirely "controlled". Which I think is essential to most music, (classical
> music with its faithful reproduction ofcompositions perhaps being the
> primary exception), and especially suited to blues IMHO

Classical music can get totally out of control - and in the right hands this
can be exciting as all get out.  Anyone who plays Bach with a real
improvising harpsichordist like Kenneth Cooper can realize that what happens
in rehearsal may not be anything like the concert!!  And it can get wild,
tempos out of control so that fast runs become blurs.

Also with conductors like Leonard Bernstein, the whole performance is out of
control; like some mad demon running down a hill and it doesn't stop until
everyone falls into the heap in exhaustion.

That's always the exciting edge isn't it, when your not entirely sure if
it's in control.

Should I get one of these XB40's?

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio