Playing in tune

A quick check to my ear as to whether I or the band or solo guitarist etc.
is out of tune just slightly is that the harp seems to sound "sour" to me.
That's the best way I can explain it. I also find in that situation that if
I'm playing with a band (or harp!) that is very slightly out of tune I
really can't play with full expression. I'm spending a lot of time just
playing as little as possible and trying to find a way to play the harp a
little closer to the band's intonation.
When you are struggling like that on stage it's time to ask the band to
retune. I've had guys say, " OK, OK, Blu we're in tune, but we'll check the
tuner anyway."  Then - Lo and Behold! - just one string is out. But that
screwed up almost every chord or bass run! So don't be afraid to ask the
band to check. If they are in tune and you are not, it's time to shed that
harp for the nite, at least.
Harmonica Blu
BluXpres@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.HarmonicaBluXpress.com