Re: 59 Bassman LTD-57 Twin

In a message dated 2/29/04 12:31:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
raybeltran@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I don't think that Fender is re-issuing the quad 6L6, 80-watt high power
twin. Instead, it's the dual 6L6, 40-watt version. Still has dual recs. I
like the sound of the two twelves. And the 5E8A circuit.

You're right, the RI Bassman is still a good amp. I installed a
point-to-point board in mine for a variety of reasons. But I'm in no way
"chasing", or trying to reproduce the original Bassman. That is just way too
expensive, and I'm very much satisfied with the sound I'm getting out of it
now. You can go way overboard in going to original trannys, cabs, speakers,
cloth wiring...well, then, you're wanting a REAL Bassman. In that case, just
get a Vicky, like you said. My only intent in the upgrades I've made is to
make a good amp better.

Ray.
Ray,

I know, Fender is issuing ( not reissueing) a new Twin that is 85 watts with
a 15" speaker. I think its geared toward the pedal steel players, but I think
it might be interesting perticularly for guitar. I was saying that it would be
nice if Fender reissued the Tweed 4 6L6 Twin than the dual rectifier Twin, I
would rather see a 85 watt Tweed twin on the market than a low powered dual
rectifier one. Guitar players need head room when they play and I believe in
most band situations today 40 watts is not enough.

It's good you got the sound you want out of your reissue Bassman. I heard
Kenny Neal play Friday night. He was playing through a Solid State Peavey
Keyboard amp and sounded better than 90% guitar players I have heard in this town.
Gear is great as long as it works for you no matter what it is.

Andrew