Re: RI Bassman "limited" PTP vc PCB

Howard Young wrote:
"In the past I have bought into many of the myths and
hype regarding amplifiers and have spent a LOT of money accordingly.
I have often noticed that the extra money doesn't always buy that
much (if any) better tone from the amp.  Better quality, generally,
but not always better tone."

Ray Beltran replied:
"The bottom line is that I, as a player, can tell the difference. He can
explain away all he wants...Tech is tech, but where the rubber meets the
road, on stage at the gig, I can hear and feel the difference, and
again, even if it's only a perceived positive difference, chances are,
it will positively affect my performance."

There is no question that the only real purpose of any piece of gear is
to inspire the player.  Where gear is concerned, every player should
look for gear that inspires him or her.  Whatever it is, that's the gear
for that player.  No matter what its reputation is or what it cost, a
piece of gear that doesn't inspire the player is worthless, and a piece
of gear that does inspire the player is something to be treasured
forever.

Thanks and regards, Richard Hunter