Ben Webster

Around Xmas I discovered Ben Webster while browsing music samples in iTunes and I bought a couple of his albums. The guys phrasing (on the sax) is just amazing, very unique. In particular his tone and the way he shapes each note. He often plays these slow dark tunes, for example Chelsea bridge. Anybody got any idea how to get that kind of sound on  a diatonic or is this just a sax thing? Has anything like that ever been recorded on a harp?

Pierre.