Re: Perfect harp amp???

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Harmonica Blu
To: harp-l-digest
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2004 2:58 AM
Subject: Perfect harp amp???

But can any amp be "perfect?" What are your volume requirements? How much
"crunch" do you want. And ...................
bottom?
midrange?
warmth?
fullness?
cut through the mix (treble)?
sweetness somewhere in the tone?
sustain?
8<

blah, blah, blah.

Blu
Harmonica Blu

- --------- end Original -------

Well put.
  I have written a growing collection of things I've gained some experience
in with amplifying harmonica in a few different contexts here:-
http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/amplified.html

I'm no expert, I don't pretend to be, but it is a tricky (and at times
tedious) subject - so I figure every bit helps.

You'll add a lot of warmth and sweetness with JI tuned blues harps -
properly tuned they come through sweet when you use chords.

Cheers,
G.