Fwd: fender concert?

- --Apple-Mail-4--280932221

Hal's amp is a brown face model. I had one of these from '63 and it was
excellent for harp. I usually matched it up to my late 40's Black label
CR with NO tub subs. Plenty loud for gigging.

They don't have the same kind of distortion as a tweed, but they have a
lot of bark and some crunch. More of a horn-like tone - "kind of like"
the tone Kim Wilson gets on Telephone Blues where he's playing another
brown face amp (a Pro). You can actually hear one used for harp on
Studebaker John's CD's, and I know that Lynwood Slim has one for
gigging (in addition to a Vicky Bassman). Although it's not exactly the
same, you can also hear Rick Estrin play a brown Bandmaster (the 3x10
combo NOT the piggyback model) on Greasy Kid's stuff on the track
"Marion's Mood". His crystal JT30 would account for some of the toppy
quality of the tone, but WHAT A KILLER TONE.

I got rid of my Concert because it was HEAVY to gig with and I wanted a
thicker tweed bark. But if I could have kept it AND got my Super I
would have been a happy camper.

cheers
Andrew