[Harp-L] Harp-l end of the year report

Traffic steadily climbing while the quality of posts remains high. A quick look at the Yahoo Groups archive reveals that I was in fact incorrect the oldest posts are not disappearing. It's all still there redundantly as it now turns out. Ask me where I'd rather search and my quick reply would be on the harp-l archive. Unless all traffic just completely stops for the next 48 hours or so we'll easily top 1,000 posts for the month. The first time in 2 years. With this post we'll be down to 40 to go. Last year at this time I was out of town watching the list crash in fits and starts. December/January was bleak for the list. Other lists quickly reported our demise predicting we were gone forever. Since we switched providers we've had some outages the longest of which lasted about an hour and a half. Beats 3 weeks by a lot. How many people even noticed the hour and a half outage, raise your hands? By the way we weren't out just disconnected from the Internet by an errant dns server pointer. As listowner at the old harp-l.com I used to get lots of mail. Now I get nothing. I'd complain but all of the mail I used to get was people wondering when we'd be back up, where are the archives and how come this list is so darn mean and can't you do something about it. As always my thanks go out to Chris Pierce for having the vision to start such a wonderful resource. Paul Messinger for moving us into the new era of widespread Internet access. Danny Wilson for keeping us steady as she goes and Michael Polesky for guiding us through what were certainly some very challenging times. Michael also gets credit for slogging through this mess for the longest. Thanks again to the members, we're nothing without you. fjm harp-l-listowner