Re: [Harp-L] What? No bass player?

that tries to
> >emulate
> >>Chess Records sounding blues groove - ever heard
of a band doing
> >that
> >>kind of sound without using a bass player?

Hound Dog Taylor didn't have a bass in his band, and
when Muddy Waters used to get together with Jimmy
Rogers and Little Walter, in the beginning, they must
have played alot without a bass. in the back of my
head a nagging voice tells me there's more, but i just
can't recall it.

> >>Or, I would like a few opinions on a blues band
that only contains a
> >>front man (harp/vocals) 2 guitarists, and a
drummer.

i thought about doing something like that. i found the
drummer wouldn't have it. with a good rhythm
guitarist, i can't imagine why you couldn't have a
great band with no bass. or one guitar can tune down a
bit, like the above mentioned guys did. then again,
some people just can't see past a basic formula. i'd
like to have a drums, bass, harp/vocal blues band, but
i have a feeling it wouldn't fly ;) (a blues band
without guitar? wha!?)
(and an honorable mention goes out to Hazmat Modine
who use a tuba instead of a bass. ok, it isn't the
same concept, but it works ;)