[Harp-L] Strict Counterpoint

The basic rules of strict counterpoint is no parallel 5th's or octaves
with the "Cantus Firmus" and you must land on a consonant interval, i.e.,
octave, 5th or 3rd. It is best for your son to try to write a counter
melody himself full of mistakes and learn what makes good counterpoint.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com

<If there's anybody on the list who knows the rules and is able to write
<strict
<counterpoint, and
<is willing to help my son with a short (11 notes) exercise, please drop
<me a line.

This message was sent using I-2000 Web Mail.
http://www.i-2000.com/