[Harp-L] Golden Melody Harmonicas

Hey,

I thought I'd weigh in on the GM harps.  I have several and I like them A
LOT.  They are easy to hold and they have a great tone.  The ones I have are
mostly the newer kind with screwed in reed plates but I've retrofitted some
of the old kind.  If you buy them from an online outlet your chances of
getting the old kind with nails are probably zero.  Although I don't do
overblows,the GMs are really good for this - Jason Ricci plays GMs for this
reason.  As far as the tuning issues go I'd have to say I'm not that
particular on this stuff.  The GMs sound fine to me weather I'm cording or
doing single notes. I play blues almost exclusively and the GMs perform and
sound that same as my SP20s.  They are a little brighter than SP20s and have
a more "metallic" tone.  Hope this helps.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh