Re: [Harp-L] Unusual Settings for a Bassman

In a message dated 15-Dec-04 12:13:49 PM Central Standard Time,
larryboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> He was playing through
> Green Bullet and a Bassman RI.  The Bassman settings were totally not what I
> expected.  Bass - 2, Mid - 2, Treble - 3, presence - 9.

Interesting, this is similar to how I set my Bassman. I usually set mine with
Bass-3,
Mid-3, trble-3, presense-10. Of course every amp reacts a little
differently(I mean differnt bassman amps in this case). I also use an Astatic Microphone
instead of a Shure Bullet. Depending on how you play, I get more bass and
fatness of sound by tightening up my hands(more compression), and of course you
have to be able to have good tone without the amp too. :-)
HB