To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 2004 10:44 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Roots of Sonny Terry

We've all talked quite a bit recently about how influential Sonny Terry was to all of us, and rightly so -- the man was truly amazing....

Ever wonder, though, who Sonny himself might have listened to?
Check out the 1929 recording of "Rain Crow Bill" by Henry Whitter:

http://www.karavanrecords.net/GGWhitter.wav

cheers to all & happy harpin',

Tom Ball