Re: [Harp-L] Cleaning & Caring

This an advice from Joe Filisko, and of course, it makes sense.

"Never use a product that you would not put into your mouth". So, not petrol based alchool...

Froggy

Harvey <harvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,

I almost feel guilty posting this because I'm sure it has been answered
at some point before...
I really couldn't find the answer though! All my attempts came up with
advice on how to get
a clean sound... Anyway!

I just got my first harmonica, and I want to know how I should care for
it and whatnot.

The one page manual it came with says to tap it on your hand to get
moisture out when
finished playing, and then to let it air out before putting it in the
case.

Does anyone do anything more? Like, just a guess, soaking it in
alcohol or something
once a month, or... anything like that?

If anyone has a suggestion of a good webpage or something which covers
the basics
I would really appreciate it!

Thanks all,

Harvey