To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 1:59 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Harmonica Challenge

Hi All,

At first I didn't really see the point of this harmonica challenge.
Playing music shouldn't be a competition. In the end though it got me
practicing a piece I had never played on harmonica before so there was a
great benefit. The first recording is read and improvised off a lead sheet
with no real practice. The second one was recorded about an hour and half
later after actually practicing the piece. I played the following two
selections on a C diatonic.

http://www.shtreiml.com/Tunisia1.mp3

http://www.shtreiml.com/Tunisia2.mp3

One thing I have to say is that's it's really a challenge trying to play
and improvise over a progression without a rhythm section backing you up.
I'm sure you'll notice a couple of dropped beats here and there. But what
are a few bars between friends.

Jason Rosenblatt
http://www.shtreiml.com