To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>; <RichBeau@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 10:51 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Acoustic Mics, was Microphones (& maybe an amp)?

Rich,

Great post! That one's a keeper.

Perhaps another alternative to consider. Some months ago, someone... I
think it was Rob Paparozzi?... recommended a Nady SCM1000 as an
inexpensive acoustic mic. Not for cupping: it's similar in appearance to
the Sennheiser 441 but at a fraction of the price (often as little as
$100 at Musician's Friend), and I believe Rob encountered the mic in a
studio setting. Anyone else have experience with this mic, either
recording or playing live?

Howard Parks