[Harp-L] re: Sonny relevance

First, I am not a prolific listener of acoustic blues. With the doubt i'll ever find anyone to play with , solo acoustic might be my best way to go. As far as listening, any advice, suggestions are welcome.

Now, to the topic. Guitarists still study and hold Hendrix at an extremely high level. It's not always if someone is still alive, but what they did while they were alive and if it has still yet to be equalled. Also, if something can be learned from him that may not be found today.

I'm sure this is the case with other instrumentalists, but Hendrix is at the top of my list. The thing about Hendrix and Sonny, Sonny Boy, Walter, etc., is that they didn't leave behind much if anything in the way of explaining how and why they did what they did and how they did it. That's the legacy that was left behind for us to figure out.

Bryan (Indiana)